How do I register?
- Online: visit the link here.
What is the cost to register?
- Registration is $125 per team.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
- Waivers will be distributed and need to be turned in prior to your first game.
What divisions am I eligible for?
- Individuals qualify for divisions based on age and gender. A player qualifies for any division that is equal to their birth year or earlier. Example: a youth born in 2008 may play in the 2008 division, 2007, 2006, or 2005. All birth years are eligible for Adult divisions. Therefore, all individuals are eligible for Adult Coed and each division below that is more restrictive based on age and gender.
What are the rule differences in 3v3?
- For those who have played organized soccer before (FIFA rules), the major differences are:
- Only 3 players per team play at a time, with no goalkeepers
- Substitutions on the fly
- The goals are 3.5 foot by 6 foot (approx. – “pug” goals)
- The fields are 30 yards by 20 yards, with a 6 foot by 6 foot penalty area where contact with the ball is restricted
- No offsides rule
- Out-of-bounds are restarted with a kick-in instead of throw-in
- Goals must be scored from the offensive half of the field
- The full rules and regulations can be found here.
Do I need soccer experience to play in GoalFest?
- Absolutely not! While the tournament is a competitive setup, players of all skill levels will enjoy the game.
What is the maximum roster size?
- We have decided to remove the roster size cap for 2023. However, we will provide shirts for up to only 6 players. Additionally, rosters are locked as of the beginning of your first match. No player may appear on multiple rosters in the same division.
What is the tournament format?
- Saturday will consist of group play to determine seeding. Sunday will be a single elimination tournament based on the seeding established Saturday. See the rules and regulations for how seeding will work.
How many matches will I play?
- Each team is guaranteed three matches: two in the group play on Saturday, one in the elimination tournament on Sunday. Winners on Sunday will play until a champion is determined.
What time is the tournament?
- The first games will start on June 3 at 8:00 am, with last ones ending at approximately 6:00 pm depending on registrations. Sunday games will begin on June 4 at 8:00 am and conclude at approximately 2:00 pm depending on registrations. End times are strictly estimates and subject to change.
When will schedules be available?
- Saturday scheduling will be available on Saturday May 27 at noon. Schedules will be emailed to the team contact on file, posted on GoalFest.us, and posted in the Facebook event page. Sunday schedules will be made available as seeding is determined on Saturday, with the final schedule posted no later than 8:00 pm on June 3.
Can I play on more than one team?
- Participants may be on more than one roster, just not in the division. However, we cannot guarantee scheduling to accommodate such play and all other rules including eligibility and forfeitures still apply.
What about adverse weather conditions?
- This event is scheduled to be held regardless of weather conditions, until such conditions pose threats to player safety. Every attempt will be made to play all scheduled matches during June 3 & 4, but there will be no make-up matches outside of these dates. Refunds will not be offered for any unplayed matches because of weather.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Nik Wong, at [email protected] or 406-459-2391.